How To Install WHMCS Using Softaculous
As a new reseller, you have access to additional software to help you manage your client accounts. The most popular software for managing reseller hosting is WHMCS.
If you are in search of a complete billing and support solution for your online business, WHMCS is highly recommended.
The business automation tool provides you with greater control over your online business on a day-to-day basis. You can install WHMCS from Softaculous within minutes from your hosting cPanel.
How To Install WHMCS Using Softaculous :
- Log in to your cPanel interface.
- Go to the Software/Services section.
- Click on the Softaculous icon.
- Click on WHMCS under E-Commerce in left navigation.
- Click on the Install tab.
- If your site has SSL, select HTTPS protocol.
- Select the domain name where you want it installed.
- Set the Directory and Data Directory Name.
- Enter Company Name and Company Email.
- You’ll need a valid license key. Click ‘Here’ to get a license key.
- Type your First and Last Name.
- Enter Company Name.
- Fill out the rest of the form as completely as possible.
- Click the Signup button.
- Check your email (the one your entered during signup) to get the key.
- Enter the license key.
- Enter Admin Username, Password, First Name, Last Name and Email.
- Click the Install button.Click on WHMCS under E-Commerce in left navigation.
What Is WHMCS?
WHMCS is a comprehensive solution used primarily by Reseller Hosting customers for the automation of their web hosting businesses. WHMCS is used for client administration, billing and offering support. Appropriately enough, WHMCS is an acronym for Web Host Manager Complete Solution.
WHMCS was created and launched back in 2003 by an owner of a web hosting company. WHMCS can lend some of its success to the fact that it is a web hosting platform designed by a web hosting company. This provided ample opportunity to scope out the marketplace to research existing platforms and improve upon their features and shortcomings. Its founder and developer had a simple, yet complex goal in mind back in 2003; to create the complete web hosting automation solution. That is, to offer a centralized platform for all billing, support and client management tasks. WHMCS accomplished just that, while at the same time helping web hosting companies work both more quickly and more efficiently. In the end, WHMCS succeeded in its goal of being a comprehensive platform and exceeded expectations with its ability to help hosts save money by being a 3-in-1 platform.
Why Should I Choose WHMCS?
WHMCS has an excellent reputation for being both highly flexible and for its quick feature release cycles. While not every hosting company has the same feature needs, WHMCS can be customized to fit those individual needs for each individual host. This is due in part to it being both open and highly extensible in addition to being backed by a strong development community.
cPanel & WHMCS Partnership
In 2012, WHMCS further expanded its ability to meet web hosts’ needs when it partnered with the popular web hosting control panel cPanel. cPanel/WHM offers even the newest web hosting customers a very easy to use control panel to manage their accounts. Just as WHMCS made it easier for web hosts to manage their own companies, cPanel makes it significantly easier for hosting customers to manage their sites, database, email, files and so much more.
Previously, many web hosting companies utilized the power of both WHMCS and cPanel, but separately. There was in issue however because the two tools were distinctly different and there was no cohesion. The WHMCS and cPanel strategic partnership helped bridge this enormous gap. The goal of the partnership was to deliver more synergistic web hosting control panels. Ultimately, the partnership has succeeded as far as it being much easier to share information between the two control panels.
- Web Hosting Management – Provides users with complete account management and setup. WHMCS can help you manage your customer from day one all the way until they no longer wish to host with you.
- Billing – Easily send amazing looking invoices and automatically collect payment from your customers. Best of all, you can remain focused on the best way to improve your business’ performance.
- Complete Support Suite – All-encompassing ticket system provides you and your customers with a central location to request and receive support. Your customers can open tickets via the help desk or they can send an email. At the same time, your support staff has easy access to their accounts.